Sometimes no matter how great a favorite meal is it is nice to depart from the usual and think a little outside the box or in this case the shell.
Taco stuffed tomatoes take all the flavors of one of Americas favorite meals and flips them inside out. Served with a side of tortilla chips this taco twist delivers all the goodness including the crunch.
Wether it’s Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday or any day of the year taco stuffed tomatoes are an excellent choice.
- 4 Whole tomatoes
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 4 Tbs Florida Ridge Taco seasoning
- Shredded lettuce
- Onion, diced
- Mexican shredded blend cheese
- Sour cream
- With a sharp knife cut each tomato into 6-8 wedges. Do not cut all the way through. Gently pull the wedges outward to allow room for the fillings.
- Brown the ground beef.
- Once the meat is browned, add the taco seasoning and 8 fl ounces of water. Stir and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Fill the bottom of the tomatoes with shredded lettuce followed by a layer of diced onions.
- Top the lettuce and onions with a layer of shredded cheese followed by the seasoned taco meat, more cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve with a side of tortilla chips and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 773mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 34g