Looking for a wing recipe that is a pleasant departure from the traditional?
How about a baked and broiled flavorful wing without the heat of traditional Buffalo wings?
Give this recipe a try, it’s a party favorite. Serve it up with a side of Florida Ridge Ranch for a real treat.
- 4 lbs chicken wings separated into wingette and drumette with tip removed.
- 8 Tbsp (1/2 cup or one stick) of unsalted butter.
- 2 Tbsp Coastal Bay seasoning, plus more for sprinkling on top.
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice.
- Sauce for dipping such as blue cheese or Florida Ridge Ranch.
- Preheat oven to 425 °F: Allow the wings to reach room temperature. Pat the wings dry
- Prepare the Coastal Bay sauce: Melt the butter in a sauce pot. Whisk in Coastal Bay seasoning and lemon juice. Let the sauce cool to lukewarm. Once cooled mix the sauce again and toss the wings in half the sauce. Keep the other half of the sauce warmed for use later.
- Bake: Arrange the wingettes and drumettes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake at 425° F for 25 minutes.
- Broil: After baking, remove the wings from the oven and switch the oven to broil. Set the oven rack 6" below broiler. Season the wings with Coastal Bay seasoning. Place the wings back in the oven and broil for 5-6 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
- Broil the other side: Remove the wings from the oven, flip over on the baking sheet, season with Coastal Bay and return to the oven to broil for 5-6 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
- Once done toss the wings in the remaining sauce and serve with celery or carrots and blue cheese or Florida Ridge Ranch.
Coastal Bay chicken wings are full of flavor without the heat. The baking then broiling process leaves you with tender wings with a crisp exterior that lack the added calories from frying.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1422Total Fat: 116gSaturated Fat: 49gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 58gCholesterol: 354mgSodium: 3173mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 57g